Yuvraj Singh retires




Yuvraj Singh announced his retirement from cricket on Monday in Mumbai. The left-handed batsman said goodbye to international cricket with an aggregate of 11,778 runs. Yuvraj scored 8701 runs in ODIs, 1900 runs in Tests and 1177 runs in T20Is respectively.

Yuvraj Singh is, undoubtedly, one of India’s biggest match-winners. Yuvraj scored 5453 runs at an average of 42.93, scoring 11 hundreds and bagging the Player-of-the-Match award 18 times. For many years, he remained the pillar of India’s middle order. From 284 matches in which he batted either at No. 4, 5 or 6, Yuvraj scored a rollicking 8254 runs with 13 centuries. Yuvraj’s biggest contribution to Indian cricket remains winning the World Cup in 2011 at home, where battling an illness, he scored 362 runs from eight innings. 
Yuvraj while announcing his retirement.
"After 25 years, in and around 22 yards, and after almost 17 years of cricket on and off, I have decided to move on," Yuvraj said. "I am so lucky to play 400-plus games for India. I would never have imagined this that I started my career as a cricketer. It was a love-hate relationship with the sport, in retrospect. I don't think I hated the game, because the love I have for it today, which will remain a constant till the end of my life. I can't really express in words what that feeling is,"
Harbhajan said on asking Yuvraj’s retirement
“We wouldn’t have won the 2011 World Cup without Yuvraj. Wining two World Cups (including WorldT20 in 2007) has been his biggest present to India. Whenever I meet him, I always thank him for getting us those moments, medals which wouldn’t have been possible without him,”

Yuvraj Singh debuted for India during ICC Champions Trophy in 2000 against Kenya, last played for the national team in 2017 in an ODI against West Indies at North Sound.
Our best wishes to Yuvraj Singh for his future.
https://primecaptain.com

Comments